265 Peachtree St NE Atlanta
I am delighted to be presenting at the upcoming ASA Conference in Atlanta with my colleague, Dr. Lisa Lehmberg.
We are excited to join the panel of outstanding speakers and present our workshop, The Jury is IN! The Latest on Music Participation and Quality of Life of Older Adults on Wednesday, March 25 as part of the LEARN day of presentations during the 2020 Aging in America Conference. As music educators, both Liana and Lisa have focused their research on studying the physical, psychological and social benefits of music participation for older adults and sharing their findings across the country and internationally through publications and conference presentations.
During Liana’s and Lisa’s session attendees will…
- Gain in-depth knowledge of research findings in from the field of music education and other fields that focus on music participation and quality of life of older adults
- Examine demographic data regarding population aging as disseminated by the United Nations, the US Census Bureau, and the World Health Organization
- Explore current practices and policies that affect older adults, including those currently found in senior citizen centers as well as those advocated by the United Nations
- Create a blueprint for a personal plan of action to improve their quality of life and/or the quality of life for others through music participation
- The session will culminate with an invitation for all attendees to engage post-conference in the creation of a declaration containing clear objectives and actions in support of UN Agenda 2030 Goal #3. The declaration will be housed online and maintained by the presenters. Upon completion, it will be disseminated internationally through the UN Department of Global Communications.